Conductive Knit Fabrics for Stretching, Flexibility & Shielding Applications
Swift Textile Metallizing LLC knit fabrics are the best choice for applications with stretching and flexing requirements. The unique bond of silver to the nylon fabric allows for superior endurance, conductivity and shielding performance, especially for repeated loading and unloading applications. Precision knit fabrics used for the base provide excellent product elasticity.
- Silver coating
- Available in mesh, scrim, tricot, jersey knit, and continuous loop fabrics
- Weights range from 0.4 to 5.2 oz/sq yd
- Widths from 1" up to 80"
- Available in mesh counts from 338 to 2200 cells/sq in
- Available with maximum resistance as low as 0.5 Ohms/sq
- Available with EMI shielding effectiveness as high as 50 dB at 1 GHz
- Available with removable carrier film.
Knit Fabric Product Details
- Silver Coated Tricot
- Knit nylon Tricot offers light weight and breathability characteristics without sacrificing strength in a durable knit fabric. The silver coating produces conductivity and shielding properties that endure through repeated stretching, flexing, washing, or other stresses.
- Medical products and sensors; EMI/RFI shielding; conductive ground planes; radar reflection; bacterial mitigation products.
- Silver Coated Scrim
- This light weight knit nylon maintains a high degree of shielding and conductivity performance while offering an open and stretchable structure. Its unique knit structure makes it perfect for applications requiring repeated deformation and stretching or compression.
- Conductive ground planes; radar reflection.
- Silver Coated Mesh
- The lightest of STM's materials, this mesh fabric has a delicate, open structure with a good degree of stretch. The silver coating provides excellent performance per weight in this highly breathable and light material.
- Radar reflection; shielding covers and enclosures; bacterial mitigation products.
- Silver Coated Continuous Loop
- The continuous loop product uses a napped nylon knit as a base to achieve a textured surface in the finished product. This knit provides stretch while offering increased durability beyond the lighter knit products. Its silver coating provides conductivity and shielding performance. This product is also compatible with STM's silver coated hook fasteners.
- Shielding covers; bacterial mitigation products; anti-static applications.
- Silver Coated Jersey Knit
- The Jersey Knit is STM's heaviest knit product. The nylon jersey material used as a base lends excellent stretch and unparalleled durability. Silver coating gives this product conductivity, shielding, and improved biocompatibility over ordinary nickel plated fabrics and allows for exposure of the silver coating for applications utilizing silver's unique benefits.
- Bacterial mitigation products; medical application; pressure sensors.