Conductive Non-Woven Fabrics for Breathable Shielding Applications
Swift Textile Metalizing's non-woven fabrics are made from point-bonded non-woven nylon. The non-woven nature of the fabric provides a breathable alternative to tightly woven fabrics, while the point bonding adds strength, stability, and durability beyond what a knit product can offer. STM's durable silver coating can have an additional layer of Nickel applied as a top coating for added conductivity, shielding, and corrosion resistance properties.
- Silver or nickel-silver coating
- Weights range from 1.3 to 2.6 oz/sq yd
- Widths from 0.5" up to 36"
- Available with maximum resistance as low as 0.1 Ohms/sq
- Available with EMI shielding effectiveness as high as 75 db at 1 GHz
Non-Woven Fabric Product Details
- Nickel-Silver Coated Heavy Non-Woven
- Durable and breathable, this product offers the best shielding of STM's non-woven line. A heavy duty, point-bonded nylon base with Silver and Nickel coatings to yield excellent conductivity and shielding.
- EMI/RFI shielding gaskets; shielded enclosures, containers, and bags; architectural shield; anti-static and grounding materials.
- Nickel-Silver Coated Light Non-Woven
- A lighter weight alternative to the heavy non-woven fabric, this product retains durability, conductivity, and shielding while reducing weight. The point bonded nylon base is plated with Silver and Nickel coatings.
- EMI/RFI shielding gaskets; shielded enclosures, containers, and bags; architectural shield;
anti-static and grounding materials.
- Silver Coated Non-Woven
- Point bonded, light weight, and durable non-woven nylon is used as a base. The absence of nickel results in improved biocompatibility of the fabric. It also allows for exposure of the silver coating to maximize the benefits of silver's unique properties.
- Medical applications; bacterial mitigation products.