Conductive Woven Fabrics for Lightweight, Durable Shielding Applications
Swift Textile Metalizing LLC woven fabrics offer a light weight and durable shielding option. These products offer the highest standard of performance in shielding and conductivity. Starting with tough, light, tightly woven fabrics found in applications such as ship sails and military parachutes, STM uses its proprietary metalizing process to apply a thin layer of metal to each fiber. The result is a textile product with the feel, durability, and flexibility of a typical woven fabric and the conductivity and shielding performance of a metal foil.
- Silver, nickel, or copper coatings
- Rip stop or taffeta weaves
- Weights range from 1.1 to 2.8 oz/sq yd
- Widths from 0.5" up to 60"
- Non-conductive, conductive, or fire retardant adhesives
- Available with maximum resistance as low as 0.05 Ohms/sq
- Available with EMI shielding effectiveness as high as 80 dB at 1 GHz
- Available in multiple plys
Woven Fabric Product Details
- Nickel-Silver Coated Rip Stop
- Woven nylon Rip Stop material combines low weight with high durability. A base coating of silver produces the fabric's conductivity and shielding properties. An additional top-coating of nickel enhances these properties further while simultaneously protecting the material from corrosion.
- EMI/RFI shielding gaskets; shielded enclosures, containers, and bags; architectural shielding; conductive and shielding tapes.
- Silver Coated Rip Stop
- Woven nylon Rip Stop material combines light weight with high durability. A coating of silver produces the fabric's conductivity and shielding properties. The lack of nickel allows for improved biocompatibility of the fabric and allows for exposure of the silver for applications utilizing silver's unique properties.
- Pressure sensors; medical products and sensors; conductive ground planes; conductive gaskets and tapes; bacterial mitigation products.
- Silver Coated Heavy Rip Stop
- A heavier version of STM's standard Rip Stop, adds weight and durability for better performance in harsher environments and severe conditions.
- Pressure sensors; medical products and sensors; conductive ground planes; conductive gaskets and tapes.
- Nickel-Silver Coated Taffeta
- More tightly woven than STM's Rip Stop products, this fabric's high thread count and low permeability characteristics translate into excellent shielding and conductivity performance.
- EMI/RFI shielding gaskets; shielded enclosures, containers, and bags; architectural shield; conductive and shielding tapes.